Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Now Habit in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Now Habit lets readers know how they can beat procrastination and get more done.
The Big Takeaways:
- We tend to put off the things we find unpleasant, but it is only temporary relief.
- If No one wants to do the boring things in life, so they put them off. That feels great at that moment. However, it will have to be done eventually.
- Procrastination is not being lazy.
- People have been taught to find work tedious as well as essential, resulting in a never-ending cycle of fearing the task at hand.
- Many tend to measure their value through the work they produce.
- By putting off work, we attempt to protect our self-esteem.
- Accept that failure is the path to success.
- The mixture of pressure to perfect and procrastination leads to tense situations. Thus, we must accept the possibility of mistakes and get started.
- Change the way you talk to yourself.
- Using phrases like “I need to” or “I have to” create a negative reflection on the task at hand, forfeiting your mindset to negativity.