Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Geography of Bliss in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Geography of Bliss discusses the factors that make a country “happy” or “unhappy.”
The Big Takeaways:
- The Netherlands is the capital of happiness.
- If The database for happiness is kept in the Netherlands, where scientists discuss their measurements for happiness.
- Switzerland is a country full of joy.
- The Swiss tend to be very precise and keep things clean, removing the natural reasons for dissatisfaction.
- Religion contributes to happiness in Bhutan.
- Buddhism is commonly practiced in Bhutan, making it one of the most peaceful countries in the world.
- Money-focused Qatar has an abundance of money but is lacking happiness.
- Many people in Qatar put the fate of their happiness in the hands of God and do very little to stimulate pleasure in their own lives.
- Moldova lacks almost all ties to happiness.
- Contrasting Qatar, Moldova is noted as the most unhappy place in the world due to its lack of money.