Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Checklist Manifesto in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Checklist Manifesto shares one surgeon’s theory that checklists can lower our mistakes and boost our excellence.
The Big Takeaways:
- People possess an abundance of knowledge, which can sometimes be a bad thing.
- If Possessing so much knowledge forces us to evaluate what situations our experience is necessary. This opens us up to error.
- Utilizing a checklist can help to avoid mistakes.
- Checklists provide us with explicit instructions that we must acknowledge as they are completed, leaving us less room to make a vital mistake.
- Your checklist should get straight to the point.
- Your checklist should be short and concise. Nothing should be capable of being misunderstood.
- Jobs are too complicated to be left to one person.
- No one person will have all of the answers; thus, we must be open to utilizing teams to find the information we need.
- Communicating as a team can be better with the help of a checklist.
- When in a high-pressure situation, clear communication is a must. The help of a checklist can make sure that teams are hitting all of the right points during a difficult task.
Want To Keep Reading?
Watch A Video Summary:
The Habit of Top Professionals: THE CHECKLIST MANIFESTO by Dr. Atul Gawande
Additional Video From The Author:
The Importance & Value of the CHECK LIST