Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Grit in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Grit examines our natural tendency to think that hard work is more important than talent when, in reality, most believe skill is more important than hard work.
The Big Takeaways:
- Talent and hard work equal achievement.
- If Olympic athletes have talent but still must work exceptionally hard to compete and win.
- Achieve long term goals by sticking to small goals.
- Instead of setting big goals that can be overwhelming, utilize goals like stepping-stones that will gradually get you to your destination.
- Practice your craft deliberately and intelligently.
- Runners set smart goals, such as running a little further than yesterday, that result in achievement.
- It takes time to find your true calling in life.
- Look for purpose in lesser jobs to fuel your motivation as you move closer to the big goal.
- Grit is a learned behavior, but most societies don’t know that.
- Some countries who have seen more trauma understand grit, while others don’t quite understand what it truly means to push through and prosper.