Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Your Inner Fish in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Your Inner Fish explains the importance of fossils and the study of our structure to find our shared traits with our evolutionary relatives.
The Big Takeaways:
- Fossils open up a window to peek into the past.
- If Where certain fossils exist and how well they are preserved helps us see the past with a brighter light.
- Our relation is revealed by our bones.
- Studying the bone structure of fossils helps us figure out the movements that relate species.
- In addition to bones, teeth can tell us how a species once lived.
- The shape of one’s teeth tells us how and what a species may have eaten.
- DNA shows our relation.
- Looking at DNA of the past helps us see where we may have been related to a species during evolution.
- Bodies were designed for function.
- The cells of a body present from the very beginning know to arrange themselves to form a human.