Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Wherever You Go, There You Are in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Wherever You Go, There You Are helps readers leave the past and future where they belong and learn to exist in the present.
The Big Takeaways:
- Mindfulness is living with awareness and respect for right now.
- If Mindfulness is turning off autopilot and welcoming ourselves to the present moment.
- We achieve mindfulness by making our focus singular.
- We have to concentrate on one thing at a time to truly acknowledge moments in time.
- Dismissing negative feelings when possible helps achieve mindfulness.
- Emotions like irritation and unnecessary anger can be replaced with tolerance and understanding.
- Meditation is a formal practice of mindfulness.
- Meditation can be used as a time to focus on your breathing, teaching you many things about mindfulness through the practice alone.
- Informal meditation exists, like standing or walking, and is just as valid.
- Meditation’s main goal is to bring awareness to how your body moves and its connectedness to your environment. This can be achieved in more ways than traditional meditation.