Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Verbal Judo in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Verbal Judo helps readers learn how to communicate better through the eyes of a law enforcement official.
The Big Takeaways:
- Anyone can learn the art of communication.
- If Police officers often find themselves in positions where communication is the key to deescalating a dangerous situation, making their interactions the perfect place to learn just how to communicate.
- Don’t put yourself in a position of power, making commands for someone.
- Never patronize or speak down to anyone when communicating.
- Try to empathize with the other person.
- Put yourself in the other person’s shoes to better understand their side of the argument.
- Knowing your faults allows you to better communicate with others.
- To become a master at communication, you must know where your own communication skills lack and work on building them up.
- Your tone says just as much as your words.
- How you say something determines how the other party will receive your message.