Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Trillion Dollar Coach in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Trillion Dollar Coach tells the story of Bill Campbell and his move to California later in life to start a new career path. It also explains the measures one must take to become a good leader and make an impact on the people around you.
The Big Takeaways:
- One of Silicon Valley’s finest started in his forties.
- If Bill Campbell moved to California after his career as a football coach.
- Bill made a name for himself in California.
- Despite his age, Bill Campbell thrived in his career at Apple after making bold moves to get there.
- After staying at Apple for several years, Bill left.
- It was at this point in life that Bill turned to mentoring rather than actively working.
- Leaders will listen to make good leadership decisions.
- Figuring out what leadership model works for a company is vital in its success.
- Being vulnerable is part of good leadership.
- Leaders who show their humanness are the most effective.