Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Three Women in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Three Women discusses how sex and romantic desires influence the lives of three women.
The Big Takeaways:
- Maggie had a relationship with a teacher from her school because those around her outcasted her.
- If Maggie trusted him, and thus felt comfortable around him because she thought he understood her.
- Maggie was crushed when their relationship ended without foresight.
- Since the relationship was illegal and improper, she could not discuss her emotions with anyone and felt isolated.
- Sloane experienced some life trauma. She wanted to be perfect but came down with an eating disorder.
- After her car accident, her family was more concerned about car damage than Sloane’s well-being.
- Sloane took full responsibility for the destruction of a marriage.
- She and her husband loved threesomes, and Sloane wished to remain perfect by taking the blame when it was her husband who suggested it.
- Lena loved the idea of love but has had horrible relationships with men.
- A rumor spread that she had sex with three men in one night, and nobody asked her out on a date for many years. She thought she deserved to be lonely.