Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Sports Gene in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Sports Gene explains how many physical factors that make a good athlete are passed down to them through their genetics.
The Big Takeaways:
- Physical genetic factors play into an athlete’s success.
- If For example, the length of one’s arms is looked at when assessing whether they would be a good basketball player.
- Physical examination of athletes goes bone-deep.
- In sports like running or swimming, it’s common for the best athletes to be “built” a certain way.
- Just like people inherit their bone structure, they inherit their muscle structure.
- The functionality of one’s muscles is inherited through their genes.
- Your aerobic capacity is also genetic, but it can be trained.
- You can increase your VO2max through practice.
- Your genes dictate how hard you work as well as how hard you will fall.
- Work ethic is hereditary as well as predisposition to certain injuries.