Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Silk Roads in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Silk Roads explains the impact of the Silk Road on the world’s religion, culture, and wealth.
The Big Takeaways:
- The trade of goods between East and West made the Silk Road.
- If As the first civilizations in the world began to expand, so did trade.
- Particular teachings and goods traveled the silk road via the Muslim world.
- Believing he was God’s messenger, Muhammad started to spread the teachings God had gifted him through the Silk Road.
- A growing number of enslaved peoples surged Europe’s growth.
- The slave trade allowed Europe to obtain great wealth.
- Illness and the Mongols killed many around the world over nearly 200 years.
- A decrease in the human population devastated many territories that once held an abundance of wealth, including Europe.
- The more bridged the world became, the more devastation many faced.
- As empires expanded to new places in the world, a desire for control rose.