Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Origins Of Totalitarianism in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Origins of Totalitarianism discusses today’s totalitarianism in Europe through its imperialistic and anti-Semitic beginnings.
The Big Takeaways:
- European Jews were segregated from civilization but kept close to those in control.
- If From the Jews’ perspective, they were outcasted by everyone in their communities.
- Racism, imperialism, and nationalism came about in the more recent and weaker nation-states.
- People who spoke the same language came together to fight rising nationalism.
- Jews were used as scapegoats for society’s troubles.
- Jews were labeled as leeches and second-class citizens in society.
- Totalitarianism is based on ideas that misrepresent history to fit the reality of philosophy.
- To these people, the only thing that mattered to these people was the expansion of their philosophy.
- Totalitarianism envelopes everything.
- Reiteration and fear are used to counteract freedom.