Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Moment of Lift in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Moment of Lift explains the disempowerment of women around the world, including the lack of healthcare, family planning, and familial expectations.
The Big Takeaways:
- The liberation of women is at the forefront of accessible birth control options.
- If Access to contraceptives is a key player in giving women the freedom to choose if they would like a family or not.
- The tie between poor areas and women’s health must be understood to give women the empowerment they deserve.
- There are a number of stigmatizing perceptions of women in areas where poverty is common. Understanding those ideas is part of helping the women in those areas have reproductive rights and ensured health during and after pregnancy.
- Women must be given the right to proper education.
- Over 130 million girls don’t attend school because their labor is needed to make ends meet for their families.
- Women are expected to take up most of the household work.
- This labor leaves women in a place to give more for less.
- Marriage in adolescence hurts many women.
- The expectation for women to marry as children in some cultures puts them in a position to play the role of wife and mother without any other options.