Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Lucifer Effect in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Lucifer Effect explains how every person is capable of doing evil things.
The Big Takeaways:
- Everyone is capable of doing evil things.
- If If we look at our past, we would see ourselves do some “bad” things outside of our norm.
- We don’t have a singular personality.
- Our personalities are capable of switching to the one that helps us out most during that given time.
- An experiment at Stanford showed that people are capable of evil, even when that’s not their normal behavior.
- The Stanford prison experiment gave men randomly-assigned roles in a mock prison which proved that people’s personalities can change for the worse.
- One of the most common factors of evil actions is a willingness to comply.
- The authority figure in any situation can easily influence the people around them.
- People will act out more if they aren’t responsible for the things they do.
- Without consequences, evil actions would be more prevalent.