Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Honest Truth About Dishonesty in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Honest Truth About Dishonesty explains to readers the motivations behind why people lie.
The Big Takeaways:
- Dishonesty, scandals, and many more shady behaviors are prevalent in today’s society.
- If There is no distinct group of people responsible for all of the bad in the world. We all contribute.
- We weigh the pros and cons before we cheat.
- We will see what we have to gain and what we have to lose before we cheat. However, the things that motivate a lie may be different than what you would think.
- Our morals are directly linked to our solace with cheating.
- Many don’t cheat just because there is a good chance to. People will cheat because they are comfortable with the idea of cheating.
- We deceive ourselves into believing that we are making the right choice when cheating.
- In the process of lying, we start to believe ourselves.
- Being dishonest happens more when we are tired.
- The more tired our brain is, the more susceptible we are to temptation.