Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Hard Thing About Hard Things in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Hard Thing About Hard Things explains the struggles a CEO will inevitably face when running a company.
The Big Takeaways:
- Being a CEO is not easy, and the difficulties are not something you can escape.
- If The Struggle is a natural part of being a CEO. It is comprised of hard decisions, hard choices between work and home, and the stress that comes with being the one who is supposed to have all of the answers.
- The Struggle does not have to be endured alone.
- Allow others to help you through the Struggle.
- Keep reality out in the open.
- As the CEO, you can’t hide the difficulties your company is facing from your employees. The sooner you present them with the truth, the sooner you can find a solution to your issues.
- Letting people go is not a simple solution, but sometimes it has to be done.
- Laying people off is a hard job, but it must be done. Therefore, it is the CEO’s responsibility to let people go with dignity and without prolongation.
- Ensure your team is built of only the best.
- Hire the right people for your team and make sure they feel respected and represented at every level of your company.