Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Greatest Salesman in the World in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Written by one of the most influential American writers, Augustine “Og” Mandino II, The Greatest Salesman is a masterpiece work for anyone who wants to become the best salesman ever. Og Mandino’s philosophy for becoming the greatest salesman is simple -- become the best human being and you’ll automatically become the best salesman ever.
The Big Takeaways:
- A great salesman always gives love to his/her customers, and with love comes trust.
- If The power of love is undeniable. It can even turn the worst enemy into a loyal friend. The same goes for customers as well.
- In order to learn and be successful as a salesman, you must first develop good habits within yourself.
- Developing good habits within yourself requires commitment and patience. A good salesman must empower him/herself with these tools.
- Gaining feedback about your sales ability helps you become better at your job.
- A great salesman always smiles, even if he/she is confronted with the rudest customer ever.
- A great salesman never shies away from a challenge and constantly works to improve.
- Don’t get laid down by failure or obstacles. Instead, take some time to reflect and come back with rejuvenated passion.
- Set up short milestones one at a time until you finally achieve your ultimate goal.
- Humans set up goals more frequently, but do less to achieve them. The easy way to avoid this is to set up a series of actions to move toward your ultimate goals.