Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Four Agreements in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Four Agreements explains the ways societal guidelines hold you down and how creating your own rules can help you be who you are meant to be.
The Big Takeaways:
- What we learn as children become concepts we believe in as adults.
- If Behavior is something taught to us as a child through social norms.
- Speaking unkindly to yourself can harm you.
- There is so much power in words and how you use them.
- Confidence in who you are makes it easier to accept and learn from the criticisms of others.
- Not everything is an attack meant to be taken to heart.
- Try to understand things before you assume blindly.
- It’s essential to acknowledge reality and to ask the questions that will lead to your success.
- Never give less than 100% of what you’re capable.
- Always give what you are capable of giving, never more, and never less.