Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Art of Gathering in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Art of Gathering explains how people have gathered forever and that rewriting the rules for how we come together can create experiences worth remembering.
The Big Takeaways:
- People are meant to come together.
- If Even though we often overlook its importance, people always gather, whether it be church, school, work, parties, etc.
- When planning an event, know why you’re having it in the first place.
- Purpose is what creates an expectation for a gathering.
- A good gathering isn’t afraid to leave people out.
- It isn’t always the best idea to have everyone in one place. Even if it feels wrong at first, some gatherings just aren’t meant for everyone.
- A good host will have a plan.
- Though a chill environment can be nice, a well-planned event has a higher success rate than one that is overly nonchalant.
- Don’t be afraid of setting some rules.
- Sometimes allowing people to think inside the box yields creative results and an interesting event.