Ready to learn the most important takeaways from TED Talks in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
TED Talks helps readers understand how to use their own strengths to become a great public speaker.
The Big Takeaways:
- Anyone can learn to speak to an audience.
- If Being fearful of speaking to a crowd is common because you’re risking your reputation, but anyone can overcome that fear and become a good speaker.
- Look your audience in the eyes.
- Looking your audience in the eyes creates a personal connection.
- Use pictures and videos that have an impact.
- The use of media can either create a connection or drive a wedge between the audience and yourself, so you must use it responsibly.
- Stick to a script…or don’t.
- Some benefit from being precise while others thrive on speaking from the heart. Know what’s comfortable for you, and use it to your advantage.
- Your anxiety can be turned into a useful tool.
- Adrenaline can be focused during your speech to help you convey a stronger message.