Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Talk Like Ted in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Talk Like Ted urges readers to look to TED Talks as guidance for how they can make an impact with their presentation.
The Big Takeaways:
- Use TED Talks as an example of how you can up your skills when speaking to a group.
- If TED Talks are given by some of the most distinguished individuals, giving you a good idea of how to distinguish yourself.
- At the core of an excellent presentation is a fire.
- A love for what you do and what you say is important when trying to convey a message to others.
- Stories can be used to get your point across in a way that resonates with your audience.
- When you draw a listener in with a story, they are more likely to listen to the points you have to make because that story touches their innate humanness.
- Make sure your body is saying the same thing as your mouth.
- Keeping your verbal and non-verbal languages on the same page is one of the most reliable ways to share your message with certainty.
- Bring something new to the table.
- A lot of people have heard ideas similar to yours, but when you provide them with new information, they will become more engaged.