Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Steve Jobs in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Steve Jobs paints the ups and downs of Apple’s founder, Steve Jobs, life.
The Big Takeaways:
- Steve was exposed to his father’s love for mechanics and craftsmanship, as well as the simple, elegant design of his childhood home.
- If Jobs and his friend, Steve Wozniack, combined their interests to create a product for making long-distance phone calls shortly after high school.
- Psychedelic drugs are what Jobs would say refined his aesthetic.
- Jobs thought his experiences with drugs helped him focus on what was essential.
- Jobs realized that technology was a form of self-expression.
- Wozniak had the idea of making a self-contained computer. Jobs urged him to sell the products. This was the moment Apple was made.
- Jobs was a perfectionist, and that showed through his attitude.
- Jobs expected perfection and would not settle for anything less.
- A connected home is something Jobs envisioned, leading to the inventions of the iPod, iPhone, and iPad.
- Jobs created an extension of the home computer with the iMac as its center, serving as a digital home base.