Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Shoe Dog in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Shoe Dog.tells the story of Nike’s founder as he navigated creating a global brand.
The Big Takeaways:
- An oddball idea struck Phil Knight while attending Stanford Business School.
- If Phil wanted to bring Japanese shoes to America, despite the disinterest his family, friends, and classmates had in his idea.
- Phil went to someone he thought knew running the best to help him modify his shoes.
- Phil’s running coach helped Phil change his shoes to be efficient.
- A number of creatives assembled the first Blue Ribbon Team.
- This team helped Phil create a brand with a product they believed in.
- Nike prospered, even through legal trouble.
- All good businessmen know that there will be obstacles in the way somewhere down the line.
- .Nike prides itself on caring for its people.
- From humane working conditions for their workers and the sponsorships of athletes, Nike continues to prosper today by showing its care for people.