Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Prisoners Of Geography in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Prisoners of Geography explains how politics is influenced greatly by geography.
The Big Takeaways:
- Russia is hostile in the Baltics due to the fear of Western assault.
- If Putin is worried about western Europe coming in through flatlands because of the limited capability Russia has to push them back.
- China is afraid of India and water shortages, so they keep a hold on Tibet.
- If China allows Tibet independence, India could easily invade China and lose a major water supply.
- Guns and good geographical locations make the United States untouchable.
- With only two friendly countries bordering it, the US is in a good geographical location. Any invasion from Canada or Mexico would mean long supply chains for those countries.
- Northern Europe is better located geographically than southern Europe.
- Southern countries do not have fertile lands and rely heavily on trade to maintain their food supply.
- Africa’s waterways, while gorgeous, are simply not efficient.
- Contact between countries is limited because of the lack of efficient water systems.