Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Mastery in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Mastery tells us how we can take on new challenges and succeed by simply changing our mindset.
The Big Takeaways:
- Mastery is the ride, not the destination.
- If Quitting when challenges arise is natural, which is why we must acknowledge that mastering something is much more than being perfect.
- The long-way to success is often interrupted by the temptation of shortcuts.
- Mastery takes time and will not happen overnight. We must stay vigilant in our attempts at genuinely mastering a skill.
- You must look at practice as something beneficial, not just something to do.
- The way you view practicing your skill will determine whether you stick with or abandon the path to mastery.
- Trust in your instructor.
- Handing over your trust and pride to your instructor gives you the relationship you need to achieve your goals.
- Understand the importance of repetitive actions to keep you from falling.
- Knowing what actions keep you centered will prevent you from just giving up when things get rough.