Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Loving What Is in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Loving What Is helps readers overcome depression by working through their problems using a method known as “The Work.”
The Big Takeaways:
- Knowing why you think the way you do can help you understand where your stress originates.
- If The physical world does not cause you to stress; the way you think does.
- You must reconsider your thoughts and what they truly mean.
- In The Work, the step known as The Turnaround, encourages you to view your thoughts from a different perspective.
- If a situation is out of your control, try not to worry about it.
- Not everything is in your control. Accepting that fact can help you focus on the things that are in your control, leading you to better outcomes.
- The Work isn’t just made to help with assessing your thoughts but can be applied to every aspect of your life.
- There is rarely a wrong time to reassess a situation like shown in The Work.
- The difficulties of life shouldn’t possess the power to hurt you.
- Though you can’t control what life throws your way, you can control the way you think about and approach life.