Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Leonardo Da Vinci in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Leonardo da Vinci discusses the life of one of the most well-known artists in the world.
The Big Takeaways:
- Da Vinci was born out of wedlock, but he used this to his advantage.
- If He used his art as a way to deal with being excluded due to his illegitimate status.
- He was an excellent and highly successful student, eventually rising above the talent of his teacher.
- He began his apprenticeship at the age of 14 and was considered one of the best by the time he was 20.
- Leonardo is famous for leading a bold painting revolution.
- This technique was conveying psychology through motion and appearance.
- His paintings from Milan proved to be revolutionary in the approach to description and psychology.
- The sfumato technique, notable for the high contrast to represent depth, was a staple in Leonardo’s paintings.
- Some of Leonardo’s work remains unfinished, although is quite powerful.
- The sketches he created remain a fine example of the Italian Renaissance.