Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Just Mercy in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Just Mercy highlights the injustices within America’s criminal justice system, including the target America puts on the back of minorities, including the African-American population, the mentally ill, women, and children.
The Big Takeaways:
- The American criminal justice system has been noticeably unbalanced and cruel for nearly 40 years.
- If Since the 1980s, the American criminal justice system has been under fire for being overly harsh.
- The criminal justice system has abused the African-American population in America.
- Numerous racial biases are going unaddressed in America’s criminal justice system.
- Kids are suffering from the misuse of America’s criminal justice system.
- Since the 1980s, children as young as 13 have been tried as adults within America’s criminal justice system.
- Women have also suffered from the imbalances present in the American criminal justice system.
- Habits starting as a pleasurable experience can help motivate you to repeat it.
- The prisoner is not the only victim of the American criminal justice system.
- The family and friends of prisoners are affected by the unfair mass incarceration happening in America today.