Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Insight in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Insight helps readers become self-aware by finding a balance between what you think and what others think about you.
The Big Takeaways:
- Seven insights that can aid us in better understanding ourselves.
- If We must become self-aware, internally and externally.
- Between our inner voice and our outside influences, there are several things that prevent us from fully realizing ourselves.
- Three of the major personal roadblocks consist of blindness to knowledge, emotion, and behavior.
- Being self-aware isn’t as easy as just “looking within.”
- Too much introspection can be a bad thing; it is a tool that we must learn to use correctly.
- You must learn how to listen and process what people are telling you.
- Assess the comments others give you and learn how to use those comments to understand yourself and your actions better.
- There are three types of “unaware” people.
- Theses people are either lost causes, aware of their actions but refuse to change, or are potentially open to change if they just knew how.