Ready to learn the most important takeaways from How to Lie with Statistics in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
How to Lie with Statistics informs readers about the manipulation of statistics and how well-known brands use them to lure innocent consumers into buying their products.
The Big Takeaways:
- Deceiving has become easier with so-called “authentic statistics.”
- If Consumers fall victim to the numbers of “percentage” claims labeled on various products.
- Brands and service providers utilize averages to their advantage while fooling the public.
- Businesses use the principles of average to trick the public.
- A powerful combination of scrutiny, skepticism, and awareness helps debunk false claims made by companies.
- You must differentiate between false claims and authentic ones by utilizing a skeptical and analytical approach.
- You must learn to spot the impactful error of “too good to be true.”
- There is a simple method of locating a standard error in a statistic that is too perfect to be true.
- Limited studies can produce biased statistics about a product or service.
- There are easy ways to spot biases in a study/statistic about a product or service.