Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Good Strategy, Bad Strategy in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Good Strategy, Bad Strategy teaches readers how they can build secure strategies that will help them get a little closer to achieving their goals.
The Big Takeaways:
- Know that a goal without a plan is not a strategy; it’s still a goal.
- If Many people confuse strategy for goals. However, goals have no plan; they just simply are.
- Every strategy consists of a diagnosis, a guiding policy, and a set of coherent actions.
- Failing to establish these three things can result in a failed plan.
- Strategy insists you take a long stroll down a one-way street.
- You must focus your direction in one place to accomplish the things you wish.
- If you wish to make money from your strategy, you have to know that your plan puts you above your competitors.
- You need to make sure you have a plan that gives you a leg up over your competitors.
- Take a look from higher up to obtain an accurate understanding.
- It’s easy to miss your mistakes from the ground floor. Don’t be afraid to go outside of your usual realm to assess your plans honestly.