Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Getting To Yes in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Getting to Yes teaches readers that negotiating is used in all parts of society from work and business, all of the way to your home lives.
The Big Takeaways:
- Avoid trench warfare at all costs.
- If Trench warfare is when two parties want to win more than fostering a positive relationship.
- It isn’t necessary to win every negotiation.
- The main goal of negotiation is to find a long-term solution reasonably and minimize negative feelings.
- It is necessary to determine each party’s underlying interest.
- Understanding why someone wants what they do helps both sides come to an adequate solution.
- Determine multiple options for both parties before looking for solutions.
- Instead of convincing the other party to settle on your terms, consider attractive options that allow both sides to find a solution that works.
- Prepare well for negotiations by learning all there is to know.
- Take time to study all the details so that there is more likelihood of a positive outcome.