Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Extreme Ownership in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Extreme Ownership examines the in-the-moment decisions Navy SEAL leaders must make and how you can use that way of thinking to help your company.
The Big Takeaways:
- Being a leader sometimes means facing extreme challenges.
- If Making decisions at a moment’s notice is a difficult task, but someone needs to know how to do it.
- Every leader must own-up to the mistakes they and their team makes.
- If no one takes responsibility for a team’s failure, they will fail again.
- Knowing what’s at stake can help a team reach its goals.
- Once the SEAL team can understand why an assignment has been given to them, they can fulfill that mission with certainty.
- Those around you in the same field are not against you; they can help you.
- The teams around you can offer a helping hand or a viewpoint you may not have seen if you only stayed within your circle.
- Setting guidelines and expressing your values to your team can help everyone get on the same page.
- One of the SEAL’s core principles is to “prioritize and execute.”