Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Essentialism in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Essentialism teaches us how to get rid of everything but the essentials to live a life free from the distractions that lead us down an unproductive path.
The Big Takeaways:
- Essentialism works on four concepts.
- If Do less, don’t try to accomplish everything, decide what’s worth doing, and put new changes into place quickly.
- Remove unimportant tasks and leave only those that are vital.
- Instead of taking on every activity you ever wanted, pick only a few that have significant meaning to you.
- Boredom can be beneficial.
- During times of boredom, we can focus on what is essential.
- Adults need to play more.
- Play helps connect ideas, relieve stress, and help us analyze to prioritize.
- Eliminate activities that slow you down and set boundaries.
- Creating new routines is the way to make permanent change with your essential priorities.