Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Emotional Intelligence 2.0 in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Emotional Intelligence tells you how to use your emotional intelligence to build better relationships with those around you.
The Big Takeaways:
- Those with strong emotional intelligence understand their feelings, thus being able to understand the feelings of others.
- If Self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management all play a part in emotional intelligence.
- Introduce you to yourself, even the ugliest parts.
- You must know yourself and what triggers your emotions to understand better why others think and feel the ways they do.
- There is a perfect balance between your emotional brain and your rational brain.
- Self-management is achieved when you can find where emotions and logic meet.
- Body language says a lot. Learn how to listen.
- Being aware of how others act in a social setting helps you get more in-tune with what they’re thinking and how they’re feeling.
- Make sure your body language and your words are on the same page.
- Avoid confusing others by recognizing what your body is saying versus what your mouth is saying.