Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Ego is the Enemy in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Ego is the Enemy uses history and culture to warn readers that ego and pride can make you fall off the right track while emphasizing the importance of staying down-to-earth to help reach your goals.
The Big Takeaways:
- Your ego wants you to receive the credit without doing the work.
- If Wanting to be praised for a job well done is thanks to your ego.
- Keep your ego at bay by always believing that there is more for you to learn.
- If you believe you already know what someone has to tell you, you will only prevent yourself from growing.
- Being a prideful person makes you block out opportunities to learn and even toss caution to the wind.
- Celebrating your successes too early can prevent you from achieving further success.
- Don’t feel like you have to be in control of every task. That’s your ego talking. Trust that your team can take care of functions just as well as you can.
- Thoughts that your team cannot perform as well as you not only stress you out further, but it stunts the growth of a team that could be highly successful under the proper circumstances.
- Your success isn’t just up to you. Don’t feel like you need every bit of applause.
- Regardless of what you succeed in, there are always people who helped with making that success besides you. Acknowledge that.