Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Educated in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Educated is the true story of a woman who never attended school but earned a PHD and lost her family along the way.
The Big Takeaways:
- Tara grew up Mormon, on a farm, and didn’t go to school
- If Her parents were wary of schools and the government
- She started working when she was 11
- She worked in the family junkyard and as a babysitter
- Tara scored high enough on the ACTs to go to college
- Despite all odds, she attended BYU just before turning 17
- During college Tara got over her medical fears
- Her family raised her to believe medicine was bad but she realized that she had been brainwashed once she sought medical care
- Tara got her PHD but she was exiled by her family in the process
- Her studies and learnings gave her beliefs that conflicted with her family’s