Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Daring Greatly in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Daring Greatly explains to readers that shame is pervasive in society and leads to destructive behaviors.
The Big Takeaways:
- Shame is so harmful that it leads people to disconnect from others.
- If People who experience trauma and abuse often isolate themselves and, instead, surround themselves with objects.
- The solution to shame is vulnerability.
- Vulnerability contains a high level of risk to those who already feel like outcasts in society, but it is essential for healing.
- Vulnerability requires courage and strength.
- People must expose themselves to others in a safe way for healing to occur.
- Shame is used in education and business as a way to “motivate” change.
- Publicly ridiculing students and workers for their failures cause people to disengage.
- Encouraging vulnerability is the key to motivating change.
- Leaders who allow for vulnerability create an atmosphere of trust which fosters growth and expansion at school, work, and home.