Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Can’t Hurt Me in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Can’t Hurt Me outlines the success of David Goggins, Navy SEAL and ultra runner, after enduring a painful childhood that left him defeated.
The Big Takeaways:
- A lot was expected out of David Goggins as a child due to his father.
- If David was forced to work for his father every night, leaving him very little time to be a child.
- Though David was able to distance himself from his father, the effects of the torment followed.
- David found himself broke and struggling with the trauma of his past.
- David lacked confidence in his early adulthood.
- David’s lack of education left him feeling defeated and incapable.
- David used his goal of becoming a Navy SEAL to transform his entire being.
- Training to become a Navy SEAL let David change his mentality and his physicality.
- Work ethic is David’s advice for those wanting to achieve similar success.
- David believes that how hard you work is the only thing that will push you to success.