Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Blink in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Blink explains how humans can decide within a split-second thanks to their unconscious. Though this is a powerful tool, several factors can make it unreliable, including stress and bias.
The Big Takeaways:
- Your first impressions of a situation are often your best indicator of truth.
- If Your unconscious judgment is often more reliable than your conscious judgment when it comes to making decisions.
- Your unconscious judgment can decide what is important almost immediately.
- Our unconscious knows what is important and what is not.
- We often act now and think later.
- We listen to what our unconscious has to say more than we think, especially when it comes to our emotions.
- Stress can hinder our judgment.
- The more stress a person is under, the less in-tune they are with their unconscious.
- People hold internal biases that influence their judgment.
- The only way to change these biases is to experience.