Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Bad Blood in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Bad Blood introduces readers to Elizabeth Holmes’s idea for a better blood testing system that went from a dream to a better future to a reality full of conceit.
The Big Takeaways:
- Elizabeth Holmes turned her fear of needles into a medical tool that would potentially revolutionize how a person monitors their blood levels.
- If This machine presented the idea of using several smaller needles that would have a lesser physical impact than the traditional method. It would also enable people to monitor their blood levels more carefully.
- The physicality of Elizabeth’s idea was nearly impossible.
- Many engineers looked at the possibility behind Elizabeth’s idea, but the verdict ended in impossible.
- Elizabeth still believed that her idea could work, so she pushed on.
- Elizabeth’s demeanor had investors putting their money in to back her idea.
- There were many flaws in the product design that were vowed to be worked on during beta-testing.
- Theranos, the company working on the idea, covered up the fact the execution of the product was not 100% to attract more investors.
- Theranos went as far as avoiding FDA inspections and lying to their workers.
- Theranos thrived on misinformation, but when the truth was uncovered, Theranos tanked.