Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Alexander the Great in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Alexander the Great is one of history’s most well-known heroes and one of the best military commanders to walk the Earth.
The Big Takeaways:
- Alexander the Great was of Macedonian royal blood, and his abilities were noticed from a young age.
- If Alexander’s father felt threatened by him, specifically after Alexander outshined him on the battlefield.
- Alexander’s aptitude for the military aided him in passing through Asia Minor.
- He did not follow traditional military style and continued to push his efforts, which resulted in a streak of triumphs.
- The time Alexander spent in Egypt is recognized as a monumental part of his life.
- Alexander searched for answers as to why his journey was so important.
- Alexander eventually dominated Persepolis, Persia.
- Darius was murdered at the hands of Bessus, and Alexander was disappointed because he began to see Darius as an earnest opponent.
- Alexander passed away at 32 years of age and was not able to finish off his conquest plans.
- He left his legacy everywhere in the world and is remembered as a great leader and military commander.