Ready to learn the most important takeaways from A Message to Garcia in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
A Message to Garcia explains how people can become the best worker they can be by accepting happiness and willingness as part of their job description.
The Big Takeaways:
- The life of Andrew Rowan is “a message to Garcia.”
- If Andrew Rowan accepted a task that he knew would not be easy and executed it to the best of his ability.
- Businesses don’t want workers that lack a willingness to try.
- Even simple tasks given to you should be done with dignity, even if they don’t make sense to you at that moment.
- If you bring a bad attitude, leave.
- Firing complaint after complaint just brings the entire team down. If you can’t be positive, don’t be around.
- The way you feel and think has a lot to do with how you live.
- Your joy is directly correlated to your way of thinking.
- Being a good worker is good for your spirit.
- Being able to follow through with tasks with dignity, respect for others, and an optimistic attitude set you up to succeed.