Ready to learn the most important takeaways from A Beautiful Mind in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
A Beautiful Mind accounts John Forbes Nash Jr.s’ wins and struggles throughout his journey of becoming a renowned genius and Nobel Prize-winning mathematicia
The Big Takeaways:
- Nash’s fate as a mathematician started when he entered University to study engineering.
- If His exceptionally original ways of solving cases were a sign for him to switch majors.
- When in grad school, Nash invented a board game that made him famous at Princeton.
- The game, later known as Hex, kicked off his interest in game theory.
- Nash became an instructor and started to lead a healthy social life in Boston.
- It was then he met Eleanor whom he had a son with, yet he did not consider marriage… until he met Alicia Larde.
- His increased anxieties in both his profession and marriage put him on edge.
- Nash was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and was soon put into treatment.
- Nash miraculously recovered from the illness and started to receive recognition for his work.
- He took a professorship at Princeton and remarried with Larde nearly 40 years after the divorce.